Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Reading Reflection: Virtue

Virtue - A Fairy Tale
by


In a world filled with magic, love might be the final answer in the eternal battle between good and evil. When Lux is tasked with retrieving the virtuous Lily for his master, his entire world is put in jeopardy. Lux must battle goblins, demon dogs, and sea dragons to rescue the one he loves, and that's only the beginning of what he must face...

Virtue is a fairy tale for young adults with action, suspense, and romance.


I just finished Amanda Hocking's book Virtue, and the only way I can sum it up is that it was a very sweet book.  I don't want to give anything away, but I thought the premise of the book was wonderful and creative.  The characters were very endearing and I loved them immediately.

However, because I did find the whole premise and construct of the book so interesting I wanted more.  The story seemed rushed, from the development of the characters to the story line.  It felt as though I was speed reading through the novel.  She could have added 400 pages and I wouldn't be bored.  Besides the book seeming a little short, it was a wonderful read.  Sweet and endearing, and a great quick read. 


No comments:

Post a Comment