Challenge accepted! This is entirely new to me, but exciting, maybe even a little nerve wrecking. I think this challenge is a wonderful idea and serves two purposes in my life. One, it gives me a chance to read all those books I've been meaning to read, but never quite pick up. Two, it's going to force me to improve my blog and blogging. Hopefully, I won't run scared after the first month is over!
Here's the challenge...
Welcome to 2012 TBR PILE Reading Challenge!!!
We all have those books. We buy them, win them, they're gifted to us.. Then we put them up on a bookshelf and there they stay, collecting dust, waiting for the time when we'll finally decide to pick them up.
Join us on a quest to dust off your TBR Pile and read all the books you've been telling yourself you'll read next time you'll get a chance.. This is your chance! And we've got PRIZES!!! :D
1.This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2012 - Dec 31, 2012.
2.As we would like to see quality reviews linked up to our monthly wrap-ups, only bloggers can enter. Sorry about that!
3.Any genre, length or format of book counts, as long as it is a book that's been sitting on your shelf for some time now. Only books released in 2011 and earlier! NO ARCs and 2012 fresh-off-the-press releases allowed!
4.You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap-up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.
5.When you sign up in the linky, put the direct link to your post about joining the 2012 TBR PILE Reading Challenge (You need to include the info + host list + challenge button. You can also grab the button code and add it to your sidebar!)
6.You can move up levels, but no moving down.
7.Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2012, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
8.At the end of each month one of the hosts will post a wrap-up. Every wrap-up will have it's unique theme, a mini-challenge, a giveaway and place for you to link up your reviews from this month. For each review you link up, you will get one entry in a drawing of one book of choice from Book Depository. It's open to INTERNATIONALS. For participating in the mini-challenge you will get +1 entry.
9.If you miss a wrap-up post + giveaway, you can link up your reviews next month. Do not, however, try to link up one review twice - we will be checking ;)
10.December is a wrap-up for the whole year. All the book reviews you linked up January-November + the ones you'll link up in December will be entered into a HUGE giveaway - 12 books, 12 winners, INTERNATIONAL.
11.You don't have to follow all the hosts to join the challenge, but you do have to follow all of us to be entered in giveaways!
1-10 - A Firm Handshake
11-20 - A Friendly Hug
21-30 - A Sweet Kiss
31-40 - Love At First Sight
41-50 - Married With Children
Evie from Bookish - http://www.evie-bookish.blogspot.com @SeoEvie
Nicole from All I Ever Read - http://www.nicoleabouttown.com/ @Nicoleabouttown
Bonnie from Hands and Home - http://www.handsandhome.ca/ @HandsHomeBlog
Donna from Book Passion For Life - http://bookpassionforlife.blogspot.com/ @BookPforLife
Caitlin from WatchYA Reading - http://whatchyareading.net @caitlingss
Rie from Mission To Read - http://missiontoread.com/ @missiontoread
Vicky from Books, Biscuits & Tea -http://booksbiscuitsandtea.blogspot.com/ @alouetteuette
Christa from Hooked On Books - http://christashookedonbooks.blogspot.com @ChristasBooks
Jenna from Fans Of Fiction - http://fansoffiction.blogspot.com/ @fansoffiction
Angel from Mermaids Vision - http://mermaidvision.wordpress.com @mermaidvisions
Wrap-up POST Schedule:
January - Donna (Theme: Let It Snow + Book Cover Challenge)
February - Nicole (Theme: Un-requited Love/Love Gone Wrong + Advice Column Challenge)
March - Rie (Theme: Green or Pinched + Green Cover Challenge)
April - Bonnie (Theme: Easter + Mini Challenge)
May - Christa (Theme: MayDay - Disaster Books! + Cover Disaster Challenge)
June - Jenna ( Theme: Camping + Sentence Challenge)
July - Rie (Theme: International Day + Cover Comparison Challenge)
August - Angel (Theme: Summer Memories + Send Your Fav Character On Vacation Challenge)
September - Nicole (Theme: Life Changing Books + Mini Challenge)
October - Caitlin (Theme: Thanksgiving Theme + Share-A-Book Challenge)
November - Vicky (Theme: Spooky Halloween + Book Puzzle Challenge)
December - Evie (Theme: Xmas Bliss + Book Bachelor Challenge)
Okay, I'm aiming for A Sweet Kiss (21-30) Books.
Let's see how this goes!
1. Reading Review: Beautiful Disaster, Jamie McGuire
2. Reading Review: Hollowland (The Hollows #1), Amanda Hocking
3. Reading Review: Hollowmen (The Hollows #2), Amanda Hocking
4. Reading Review: I Am Number Four, Pittacus Lore
5. Reading Review: The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, by Stieg Larsson, Reg Keeland
6. Reading Review: The Girl Who Played With Fire, by Stied Larsson, Reg Keeland
7. Reading Review: The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, by Stied Larsson, Reg Keeland
8. Reading Review: Shiver, by Maggie Stiefvater
9. Reading Review: Linger, by Maggie Stiefvater
10. Reading Review: Forever, by Maggie Stiefvater
11. Reading Review: The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins
12. Reading Review: Catching Fire, by Suzanne Collins
13. Reading Review: Mockingjay, by Suzanne Collins
14. Reading Review: Delirium, by Lauren Oliver
15. Reading Review: The Clockwork Angel, by Cassandra Clare
16. Reading Review: The Clockwork Prince, by Cassandra Clare
17. Reading Review: Before I Fall, by Lauren Oliver
18. Reading Review: Divergent, by Veronica Roth
19. Reading Review: The Probability of Miracles, by Wendy Wunder
20. Reading Review: City of Bones, by Cassandra Clark
21. Reading Review: City of Ashes, by Cassandra Clark
22. Reading Review: City of Glass, by Cassandra Clark
23. Reading Review: City of Fallen Angels, by Cassandra Clark
24. Reading Review: Wither, by Lauren DeStefano
25. Reading Review: True Love (and Other Lies) by Whitney Gaskell
26 Reading Review: The Demon Trapper's Daughter, by Jana Oliver
27. Reading Review: Soul Thief, by Jana Olover
28. Reading Review: Hex Hall, by Rachel Hawkins
29. Reading Review: Demonglass, by Rachel Hawkins
30. Reading Review: Angelfall, by Susan Ee
31. Reading Review: A Touch Mortal, by Leah Clifford
32. Reading Review: A Beautiful Dark, by Jocelyn Davies
33. Reading Reflection: Falling Under, by Gwen Hayes
34. Reading Reflection: Daughter of Smoke and Bone, by Laini Taylor
35. Reading Reflection: The Space Between, by Brenna Yovanoff
36. Reading Review: Starcrossed, by Josephine Angelini
37. Reading Review: Game of Thrones
38. Reading Review: Clash of Kingsm, by George RR Martin