Monday, February 13, 2012

Reading Reflection: Forever

Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #3)

by Maggie Stiefvater
Published July 12th 2011
P. 390
Rating: 3/5

In Maggie Stiefvater's SHIVER, Grace and Sam found each other. In LINGER, they fought to be together. Now, in FOREVER, the stakes are even higher than before. Wolves are being hunted. Lives are being threatened. And love is harder and harder to hold on to as death comes closing in.


I want my money back... oh, I borrowed this book from the library, so that's okay then.  If I'd spent my money, then we would have a problem. 

I kept reading through the series hoping something would finally jump out and grab at me... pull me into the the story.  Nope.  Never happened.  I just continued to read, just to read.  Again, I didn't hate this book, but it was nothing spectacular. 

Um, the difference in this book is that everone did absolutely nothing.  Nothing, they were so passive about everything... even though people were going to get hurt, nobody took real action.  Cole was the only one constantly making new discoveries and almost killing himself in the process.  Sam was useless.  All he did was mope around, do something!!!  Your family is going to be slaughtered!!!  Geeze, I thought his sensitivity was endearing in the beginning.  In this last book I wanted to reach my hand in and give him a good smack.  Grow up!  He did pull through at the end though, but I was already annoyed with him. 

Grace kept turning into a wolf in this one, which is why Sam couldn't do anything.  Grace is the thinker, the one who makes the decisions, but that was hard to do on all fours.  

I didn't like the ending of the book... open ended?  I think that's what it's called.  I don't want open ended, I want a happy ending -- all the time.  I want the author to suppot my own conclusions with their writing, not leave it open for me to "imagine" what happens.  It left me dissatisfied and annoyed.  So what happens?  Does Grace get cured like Sam?  Does Cole find a cure for all of them?  Do Isabel and Cole finally get together?  What happens!? 

I'm giving this book a 3  to keep in line with the previous two books, but with reservations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment