Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Reading Reflection: The Host

The Host (The Host #1)

by Stephenie Meyer
Published May 6th 2008 





Ah, what can I say about The Host.  I love this book.  It is one of my "go to" books on a lazy day, when I have nothing else to read.  I read somewhere that this story is science fiction for those who don't think they like science fiction - and I couldn't agree more.

I am not a fan of aliens in the slightest, but this book isn't just about aliens.  It's about love, compassion, and strength of different kinds.  Its a very sweet book.  Wanderer is an alien, a soul, and Melanie is her host body who refuses to fade away.  They work beautifully together and you genuinely empathize with both of them throughout the novel, which is hard to believe.

The only negative about the book is that you have to stick with it, the beginning seems to drag endlessly without any real action taking place.  Stick with it!!!  The story gets better and it has a great ending that satisfies the wants and needs of both Wanderer and Melanie.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment